Why You Need a Responsive Website in SA
With the staggering growth of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, and mobile device usage, via games, apps, social media, and websites, it is now essential that your business website is mobile friendly, so that your clients and prospects can easily browse and find information, regardless of what type of device (phone, tablet, desktop, etc.) they are using.
A Responsive Website Has A Modified Layout and Remains Easy To Read And Navigate.
The menu is folded below a button, usually, at the top left corner, the text size is essential to read without sweat and the content of the site has been restructured in height without overflowing horizontally. There is no need to zoom in/out or scroll the site horizontally, the website visitor needs just to scroll vertically through the page.
Static vs. Responsive Websites
Static websites don’t change. They do not change on mobile, tablet or desktop. Website visitors get the same view on every device and if the device is too thin for the website they would need to scroll horizontally.
On a small smartphone screen, texts become too small to be legible. The visitor must make constant zoom in’s & zoom out’s and scroll horizontally & vertically to reach the parts of the site he/she needs to access. These tactile operations are unfriendly for a website visitor and it is likely that he/she will leave the site very quickly.
On the other hand, responsive web design is the future for websites. The content of the website adjusts automatically on the user’s device. This method’s results are definitely worth it.
Why You Need a Responsive Website?
The rise of smartphones means that more and more people are going online from a mobile device, but here are some numbers:
- Mobile Usage Is On The Rise
- Shopping On Mobile Devices Is Steadily Growing
- Social Media Increases Mobile Visitors
- Responsive Designs Adapt To Multiple Devices Sizes
- Responsive Sites Improve SEO Rankings
- One Site Is Easier To Manage And Increase R.O.I.
- Responsive Sites Provide A Better User Experience
- A Better Bathroom Experience
Some years ago, companies used to have two websites, one desktop site and the other a mobile (.mobi) site but that didn’t solve the problem, instead it…
- Generates twice more work because changes made on the mobile site need to be made to the computer site, and vice versa.
- Updates cause many errors as the content are duplicated on both sites. With a responsive website, companies save time and money by ensuring that content is always up to date for all devices on only one site.
- Is duplicated on several sites with different URLs which are bad Search Engine Optimization practices.
How to test if your website is responsive?
- Open your website on a smartphone or computer browser, if the site is displayed in the same way on your PC but smaller because the browser has zoomed it out to fit the screen width, it is likely that the site is not responsive.
- Open your website in your favorite browser but reduce the width of the window, if a horizontal scroll bar appears, the website is not responsive.
- Use this website to test if your website is responsive: https://responsivedesignchecker.com/
Get Your Business a Responsive Website Today!
The experienced Advertising Solutions Web Design team can quickly set you up with a new responsive website or a redesign of your current site. All the websites are made to be responsive unless specified otherwise.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest articles from Advertising Solutions Web Design. We promise not to spam.